Friday, March 25, 2011

NCAA Basketball

Well I love basketball. One thing I have noticed that is different between the men and women....fouls and acting. The men look for fouls at all times. They shoot balls they would not shoot otherwise and if they don't get the call they look at the ref like, "I was fouled. Why did you not call it?" I can not stand that. You are there for a game. Play like you are not going to get any calls. Stop looking for the official to call something because it looks sad. If you need a call, you are not that good. Just play the game.
The acting is ridiculous too. These player flop and fall to the ground just to get a charge or pushing call. Sometimes it works (like SDSU vs. UCONN) and other times it does not. It looks sad. You have to fall to the grown and act like you were really hit? Seriously? Is that the standard now? It is sad. Kemba Walker did that and it got a technical call against SDSU. Not fair and not right. To me it is pathetic.
If I coached, or when I do, I would not and will not tolerate it. My players will play like no fouls are going to be called at all. If they look for a foul or fall to the ground (unless it is a charge, which to get the call you have to fall to the ground almost 100% of the time and you will fall if you are taking the charge) then I will and would pull them. People play basketball because they love sport. I wish we could just get back to watching people play basketball because they love it, and they play and stop worrying about calls.
Will that day come back soon? I hope so because I keep getting more and more pissed every time I see people fake that they were fouled or act like they were hit. If people can get their teeth knocked out, get scratched and bleed or get a broken nose and keep playing, you should be able to as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment