Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hi St. Patrick's Day

Every year since I've been 21 and especially since I became old enough to have a job and drink I wanted to celebrate St. Patty's Day. This year was going to be the year. I finally made plans with someone and others were going to come. We were going to have fun. I wasn't going to have to work horrible hours. It was too good to be true. Unfortunately, the person I was going to party with got sick. No partying for us! Oh well. I will make my own drinks and sit back and enjoy St. Patty's day.
So to get the sad news out now too. It was also bought to my attention via facebook that one of my great uncles died. He became really sick this past year and the last few days just got worst. At least he is out of his pain. The sad part is, my dad was one of his nephews. My dad found out from me about his death. My cousins posted it and my dad's sisters never even called to tell him. Sad when you have to find out critical information via facebook and not from a phone call.
On to the good news. Today, also St. Patrick's day, I paid off my car loan! And my credit card is paid off after 2 years and I canceled it. I am so excited. Now, my only debt is from my student loan that I had to defer. Sad that I had to part with close to $3800 so quickly but now, I can focus on saving money and just paying necessary bills. I am so excited.
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. I keep singing that song to myself!
Now all of this happiness. If I could just get Kevin to see his friend is parasitic and taking advantage and he needs to ditch him! I'll have to just settle on two of my major bills being paid off this year instead thanks to Kevin letting me take most of our income money!

No comments:

Post a Comment